Tourist Information for Bala & Penllyn
Other sources of information on Bala & Penllyn
Tourism Information: places, towns and villages to visit when staying in the Bala area.
More information on Bala and Penllyn:
- BBC North West Wales Bala Guide (history, culture, people, Cymraeg, and more)
- BBC North West Wales Bala Web Guide (links to other Bala websites)
- geograph photos of Bala
- Bala on Wikipedia (history, attractions,......)
Bala Tourist Information Point (TIP)
Penllyn Leisure Centre, Pensarn Road, Bala, Gwynedd, LL23 7SR
Tel: 01341 280787(Barmouth TIC)
Located inside the Leisure Centre, near the lake. Map provided by Gwynedd Council.
From the centre of Bala (High Street) take the A494 to Dolgellau, as you leave Bala, the Leisure Centre and TIP is on the left just before the lake.
From the Dolgellau/Llanycil direction on the A494, as you enter Bala, the Leisure Centre and TIP is on the right just after the lake.
Go into the Leisure Centre (for free parking fill in the form at the enterance) and you will come to the TIP on the left.
The TIP is unmanned the Leisure Centre staff will help where possible. The TIP is open whenever the Leisure Centre is open.
|Monday||10:00 - 21:00|
|Tuesday||10:00 - 21:00|
|Wednesday||07:30 - 21:00|
|Thursday||09:30 - 21:00|
|Friday||10:00 - 19:30|
|Saturday||10:00 - 16:00|
|Sunday||10:00 - 16:00|
There is an excellent cafe in the Leisure Centre with free WiFi.
The Bala TIP comprises:
- Computer terminal with access to VisitBala and Snowdonia Mountains and Coast
- Where to Stay list
- GoBala Trails leaflets
- VisitBala brochure and map
- Snowdonia Mountains and Coast Brochure
- Various local brochures and leaflets
To request brochures before your visit: use the pro-forma "Request a Brochure".
The Bala TIP is run by Gwynedd Council
The nearest manned Tourist Informations Centres are at:
- Betws y Coed